At a Glance: Cairo Morning Line Selection in UAE Derby
The Dubai path to the Kentucky Derby (G1) has not been fruitful in its historical past. Greatest Derby end of a runner out of 18 begins, UAE Derby (G2), lord of canines in 2011.
Nonetheless, this $1 million race at Meydan has produced fairly just a few proficient runners through the years, just like the two-time Dubai World Cup (G1) winner. Thunder Snow and 2022 Breeders’ Cup Turf (G1T) winner Rebellious Romance .
The 2023 UAE Derby drew a gaggle of 13 members from Irish coach Aidan O’Brien’s sturdy maintain, equally matched by a prime contender in addition to a number of notable Japanese and United States-based runners.
Kentucky Derby factors: 100-40-30-20-10 for prime 5 finishers, respectively.
PLEASE NOTE: Numbers proven are saddles (put up location in parentheses).
1.(7) Es-Unico (20-1 morning line odds): He wants to complete in fourth place within the Saudi Derby (G3) to be an element right here. A 3-race profitable streak in 2022 got here with sprints, however he by no means had a foul race in seven begins and the value should be proper.
INSTRUCTOR: Antonio Cintra; JOKEY: Joao Moreira
2. (4) oh my god (12-1): After solely racing on the court docket and profitable just a few wins in his first six begins in america, Mendelssohn colt took an enormous step ahead because it crossed the primary highway for the primary time in Dubai. He gained a race run at Meydan on February 24, beating eight opponents at seven lengthy distances by 2 1/4 lengths. US prime rider Tyler Gaffalone takes the mount of a curiously upset competitor.
INSTRUCTOR: Doug O’Neill; JOKEY: Tyler Gaffalone
3. (5) Cairo (5-2): Contesting for nepotism with a two-length win on March 3 within the Patton Stakes on the artificial principal monitor in Dundalk, the figures earned him 20 factors (European Street) to qualify for the Kentucky Derby. For elite coach Aidan O’Brien, the group guess winner on the turf in Eire has by no means been worse than second place in 5 races. Nice if it manages to get into the grime, however it’s a significant hurdle.
INSTRUCTOR: Aidan O’Brien; JOKEY: Ryan Moore
4. (12) frequently (15-1): Completed fifth within the Saudi Derby after profitable two of the three begins in Japan. The large race days lately have taught race followers to respect the luck of Japanese haulers, however different Japanese runners look extra promising at this level.
INSTRUCTOR: Yoshito Yahagi; JOKEY: Ryusei Sakai
5. (1) Derma Sotogake (10-1): This Take Care of Your Biscuits Colt was back-to-back over distances from one mile to 1 1/8 mile in Japan, together with a staked victory that earned him 20 Kentucky Derby qualifying factors (Japan Street) earlier than being despatched to the Center East and third in Saudi Arabia. had three wins. derby It is price an extended look.
INSTRUCTOR: Hidetaka Otonashi; JOKEY: Christophe Lemaire
6. (8) Dura Erede (6-1): He gained his solely earlier try on grime in Japan, coming into this race with an extremely upsetting win by a nostril within the Hopeful Stakes (G1) on December 28 in Nakayama. He is an aesthetic 3-year-old, however it’s onerous to guage the standard of the competitors because it’s his solely floor win and Dura Erede hasn’t raced since Hopeful.
INSTRUCTOR: Manabu Ikezoe; JOKEY: Cristian Demuro
7. (2) go soldier go (15-1): He enters back-to-back wins at round 1 1/8 mph on this principal monitor in Meydan, most not too long ago profitable Al Bastakiya with a win over UAE Derby contender Mr Raj. It has proven important enchancment late and shouldn’t be ignored.
INSTRUCTOR: Fawzi Nass; JOKEY: Adrie de Vries
8. (13) Goraiko (8-1): Finishes fifth within the one-mile Hyacinth Stakes in Tokyo after an interval of three 1/2 months after saying open distance wins in his hometown of Japan in 1 1/8-mile races. The additional distance might have helped his luck and will have improved after a relaxation on his second begin, however the away mission did him no favors.
INSTRUCTOR: Koichi Shintani; JOKEY: Yuga Kawada
9. (9) Lahresh (30-1): The three-year-old was impressed by his debut when he gained a situation race by 4 1/2 lengths at about 1 1/8 mile at this principal monitor, however backed off when he was defeated by 6 3/. 4 sizes from Go Soldier Go in Al Bastakiya. Acceptable to account for recoil effort however undecided if it is quick sufficient.
INSTRUCTOR: Musabbeh Al Mheiri; JOKEY: Mickael Barzalona
10. (6) Mr. Raj (20-1): He completed third in UAE Two Thousand Guineas (G3) in Al Bastakiya, sponsored by Arabian Adventures, adopted by second place towards UAE Derby competitor Go Soldier Go March 4. He led a deep rigidity in his most up-to-date race and a repeated effort might have made him a risk to complete within the prime three.
INSTRUCTOR: Ahmad Bin Harmash; JOKEY: Ray Dawson
11. (3) perriere (15-1): The Hyacinth Stakes winner has gained three of 4 profession begins, dropping solely third in a single defeat to Zennippon Nisai Yushun within the Japan Street to Kentucky Derby race. Distance is an issue for Perriere however in Hyacinth he closed sturdy and was very constant. One profitable contestant.
INSTRUCTOR: Yoichi Kuroiwa; JOKEY: Oisin Murphy
12. (10) tall boy (10-1): Completed within the prime three in two of 4 begins within the USA for Coach Doug O’Neill. He completed fourth in Los Alamitos Futurity (G2), however was despatched to Dubai at age 3 and took an enormous one-length lead within the UAE Two Thousand Guinea. If the UAE can repeat the trouble of Two Thousand Guineas, Tall Boy is a prime ranked participant.
INSTRUCTOR: Doug O’Neill; JOKEY: William Buick
13. (11) Worcester (5-1): Despite the fact that they have not gained in three begins but, Worcester will doubtless be one of many betting favorites to come back out of the steady of US Corridor of Fame coach Bob Baffert in third place by two lengths. Robert B. Lewis Stakes (G3) on February 4 Santa Anita Park. Lewis had an enormous race on his first try at two corners and he was the choose that got here out of that race.
INSTRUCTOR: Bob Baffert; JOKEY: Frankie Dettori
LONGSHOT LIVE: Derma Sotogake
#Look #Cairo #Morning #Line #Choice #UAE #Derby