Day 2 Preliminaries Live Recap
2023 NCAA PART 2 SWIMMING AND DIVING CHAMPIONSHIP
The primary full day on the NCAA Division II Championship will embrace early qualifiers for the 200 IM and 50 freestyle qualifiers, in addition to the 1000 freestyle and ladies’s 1 meter dive qualifiers.
This 12 months’s reunion is a really completely different sight to every occasion, primarily as a result of departure of Queens, long-time reigning nationwide champions who’ve begun the method of reclassification to Division I this season.
With out Queens swimmers on the court docket at UIndy’s commencement Marizel van Jaarsveld and the absence of Rollins Ward LockhartNo 2022 champions will be capable of defend their particular person titles on Wednesday.
of UIndy Johanna BuysThe 200 IM is led by Nova Southeast freshman, third within the ladies’s 50 freestyle final 12 months, holding the most effective place on this race Emilia Ronningdalwho ran the victorious 800 free relay race final night time.
Males’s facet, Henderson State junior lamar taylor The swimmer who shall be crushed within the freestyle between 19.10 and 50 this season. Positioned simply nineteenth final season, Taylor has gained tons of expertise previously 12 months, together with representing the Bahamas and making 50 freestyle finals on the 2022 Commonwealth Video games.
Males’s 200 IM misses final 12 months’s high two contenders with Delta State in its fifth 12 months Emmanuel Fava Most returning participant after third place in 2022, whereas Colorado Mesa junior Ben Sampson holding the primary place after a powerful season.
WOMEN 200 IM – PREFACE
- NCAA DII Document: 1:55.63, Patri Castro Ortega (Queens) – 2016
- Meet Document: 1:55.63, Patri Castro Ortega (Queens) – 2016
- Emilia Ronningdal (Nova), 1:59.70
- Paige Mikesell (IUPUI), 2:00.82
- Savanna Greatest (Nova), 2:00.98
- Kaitlyn McCoy (Indy), 2:00.99
- Aurora Duncan (Drury), 2:01.19
- Claire Conover (Dury), 2:01.33
- Might Lowy (Nova), 2:01.34
- Mellie Wijk (Dury), 2:01.69
Nova Southeast Emilia Ronningdal This season the ladies got here to satisfy as the one swimmers beneath 2:00 within the 200 IM and supported that lead within the qualifiers, narrowly lacking her private report of 1:59.70 to guide the course and finally 1:59.56. Sunshine State Convention Championship of the Month.
IUPUI fifth 12 months Paige MikesellIt fell closely to runner-up for the ultimate at 2:00.82, which was 14th final 12 months, effectively beneath its earlier greatest worth in 2020 of two:02.08.
Nova Southeast advances a complete of three swimmers, together with seniors, to the ‘A’ ultimate savannah the most effective He completed in third place at 2:00.98 after passing the comfort ultimate final season to ninth place. of UIndy Kaitlyn McCoyfinal 12 months it was .01 for third and fourth.
Most returning participant on the sphere, Nova Southeast celina marquez He could not make the ‘A’ ultimate as he completed eleventh in 2:02.82, far behind the season-high 2:01.04.
Nova was an important begin for the Southeast ladies, as not solely did they win the 800 freestyle relay, they gained 3/2 on this occasion, Drury additionally took three swimmers to the ‘A’ ultimate and obtained a ‘B’. finalist.
MEN 200 IM – PREFACE
- NCAA DII Document: 1:41.61, Marius Kusch (Queens) – 2018
- Meet Document: 1:41.61, Marius Kusch (Queens) – 2018
- Ben Sampson (Mesa), 1:45.16
- Andrew Rodriguez (Dury), 1:45.69
- Jackson Lustig (McKendree), 1:46.12
- Matteo Zampese (South Florida), 1:46.82
- Emanuel Fava (Delta State), 1:46.88
- John Amrein (OC), 1:46.89
- Juan Daniel Garcia Ruiz (Findlay), 1:46.94
- Santiago Hall (Tampa), 1:47.23
WOMEN 50 FREE – PRE-CONTRACTS
- NCAA DII Document: 22.15, Danielle Melilli (Queens) – 2022
- Meet Document: 22.15, Danielle Melilli (Queens) – 2022
MEN 50 FREE – PRE-CONTRACTS
- NCAA DII Document: 18.88, Matej Dusa (Queens) – 2022
- Meet Document: 18.88, Matej Dusa (Queens) – 2022
WOMEN 1000 FREE – TIMED FINAL
- NCAA DII Document: 9:43.70, Georgia Wright (West Chester) – 2020
- Meet Document: 9:43.70, Georgia Wright (West Chester) – 2020
MEN’S 1000 FREE – TIMED FINAL
- NCAA DII Recording: 8:54.10, Fabio Dalu (McKendree) – 2021
- Meet Document: 8:54.10, Fabio Dalu (McKendree) – 2021
WOMEN’S 1 METER DIVE – PRELIMINARY QUALIFICATIONS
- NCAA DII Document: 511.55, Kayla Kelosky (Clarion) – 2011
- Relationship Document: 511.55, Kayla Kelosky (Clarion) – 2011
#Day #Preliminaries #Reside #Recap